What I liked most of this hike is that provides with a rich insight of the unspoilt environment of the temperate forest. This private park called after a bird ( Tagua Tagua) is part of a concession made from the government to the Universidad Mayor. Encompass a rich variety of trees, fungi, and birds and with a limited amount of visits per day ensures that the trails are not eroded but well kept. An outstanding project of private park in the Lake District.
From Puerto Varas we will meet you and drive towards the area of Ensenada from where we will continue bordering towards Ralun and Cochamó on the shore of the Reloncavi Sound. These still unspoilt destinations and paradise for trekking and kayak. The views become more spectacular as we proceed and it feels as if we are leaving the modern world behind . On very good road with scenic vistas to the lake Llanquihue and volcanoes Osorno, Calbuco and Yates , the country road leads us to the Tagua Tagua Lake, a natural lake section of the Puelo river catchment which has its origin in a lake of the same name in Argentine Patagonia territory, flowing north-west through the Andes into the Reloncaví Estuary of the Reloncaví Sound at the northern end of the Gulf of Ancud. Once we arrive to Puerto Maldonado a public ferry boat will take us sailing on the clear blue waters to the Mitico Puelo Lodge who who owns the concession for the private Tagua Tagua Park. – After another short but beautiful ride across the lake to the shore of the beginning of the trail will disembark at the hidden entrance of Parque Tagua Tagua. After a steep scramble ascending 300 feet (100 m) to the top of a waterfall, we begin our hike up the valley and through a pristine temperate rainforest protected within the borders of this private park. After walking 4.5 miles (7 km), we will arrive at Refugio Los Alerces, a charming cabin bordering a stunning lagoon, where we will spend the two following nights. Rest and enjoy our box lunch. Get our packs sorted with the sleeping bags and during the afternoon we will enjoy a leisure hike exploring the corners of the Valdivian forest. Return before time for some mates next to amazing evening sun.
A full day hiking in the Park, visiting the 4000 years old Alerce Trees and the Laguna Quetru. which are still live and green!
After a hearty breakfast we hike back at your own pace and on time to get the ferry boat back before 5.30 pm. Drive back to Puerto Varas. We can combine this last day with an optional Kayak ride along the Tagua Tagua . No included.
• 2 nights at Refugio Los Alerces at Tagua Tagua Mountain Park.
• 2 gourmet dinners, at the Refugio. 2 full hearty breakfasts.
• 4 amazing Box Lunch.
• A specialized private guide certified trekking guide with WFR.
• Private transport from Hotel in Pto Varas to the Park and back.
• All boats rides.
• First Aid Kit .VHF radio.
• 1 porter for the expedition to carry just the food supplies.
• Other transfer not mentioned in the programme.
• Towel, toileteries snack during the treks .
• Alcoholic drinks and beverages.
• Tips for guides and staff.
• - One 40 lts Backpack - to put your sleeping bag and personal items plus box lunch. Warm hat for the cold evenings, fresh pair of socks, • -- Waterproof jacket and trousers (GORE TEX). - Warm clothes (Polar Tec). - Comfortable trousers for trekking. - T – shirts. - Long Sleeved Shirts. - Trekking boots. - Sandals (for showering, resting - Flash lamp Water bottle to refill during the days, warm clothes according to weather and time of the year. Trekking waterproof shoes,poles , shoes, rain jacket, sun and skin protection (sunglasses, hat). Fast dry towel.Personal medical care.
Starts and ends at: 7.15 am Puerto Varas. Take the ferry boat at 12.30hs
Return ferry crossing at 1.00 pm , back to Pto.Varas at 5.30 pm aprox.
. Warm hat for the cold evenings, fresh pair of socks, • -- Waterproof jacket and trousers (GORE TEX). - Warm clothes (Polar Tec). - Comfortable trousers for trekking. - T – shirts. - Long Sleeved Shirts. - Trekking boots. - Sandals (for showering, resting and crossing streams). - Flash lamp